Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cathedral Window Pillows

I took a class back in December at Sew to Speak, a lovely little fabric/sewing/quilt shop in Columbus, Ohio. Mary taught the class. I just love Mary! It has been so fun learning from her!

I started off on the wrong foot at the class, forgetting my machine (how on earth could I forget my machine....?! I don't know how, but I sure did.) And sewing the first square inside out. SIGH! It was an interesting start but I have to tell you, I ended up getting my feet back on the ground and falling in love with the cathedral window block.

I made this Christmas inspired pillow during the class:


I wasn't able to finish my pillow in class, so I finished it at home and then posted a picture on Sew to Speak's facebook page and in the flickr group. In turn they made it their Made Monday for Decemeber 27th! I am so thrilled!

I loved it so much and thought it was fairly easy to make. And those that I showed loved it too... I decided to make one for my Mother and my soon-to-be-Mother-in-law for Christmas! I love how they all turned out!

My Mom's:

My soon-to-be Mother-in-law's:
Do you love to make this block too? I would love to see what you have made!

Happy Sewing!




4 comments:

  1. I really think you should go for a quilt now! You can do it! Go Julia!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you teach me how to do this too, please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, BTW, thanks for the kind words....love ya back:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, You are very welcome for the kind words. I really have enjoyed working with you! And, I think I will try a quilt....AFTER I finish quilting my other quilt :o) And start my wedding dress!

    Jill, I'd love to teach you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, Happy Sewing!