Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Dreaming of a Snow Day... (& Crafter's-noon Delight!)

I feel like a kid again, sitting on the cedar chest at the end of parents bed watching intently as every name rolls by and then.....there it is! SNOW DAY!! I am a dance teacher and even though I love teaching the kids to dance, there is a certain sort of excitement when a snow day hits. Don't you think? Makes me want to jump into my snow suit and run outside and make a snow angel. I love snow days :o)

Despite the weather I decided to venture over to the Half Price Books to maybe help with the lock-in I was having that evening (since our evening dance classes were canceled.) The trip was a success, I got a few great deals.

Today's Crafter's-noon Delight:
I picked up a copy of Sew Darn Cute by Jenny Ryan (You can find it here on Amazon).

I have looked at this book several times at a local quilt shop. I was really excited to find it at Half Price books for way cheaper. Cannot wait to start making some of the projcets inside!

I also picked up Baby Costumes by Bettine Roynon (You can find it here on Amazon).

Since my sister is just starting to sew and she is expecting I thought this might be a fun book to share with her. It really has some adorable ideas for handmade baby costumes. If you are expecting or know someone who is you should check it out!


Stay warm and enjoy the snow day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, Happy Sewing!