Monday, January 31, 2011

Ta-daaa!! Made in 5.5 hours :)

On Sunday, I decided I needed a new purse! (After all who doesn't?!) Something a little more springy and bright! The Glass Thimble in Columbus, Ohio was having a sale a few weeks back and I decided to take advantage by purchasing a few patterns. I picked up 2 patterns, both for purses!

The Madison Bag

a Sprouts pattern by Trish Preston of Two Peas in a Pod. Trish is from Reynoldsburg, Ohio and a good friend of my sister, Jill.

Reversible Sunday Sling

an Amy Butler pattern of Amy Butler Designs Amy is from Granville, Ohio.

I decided to make an everyday bag first, so I chose the Madison Bag. The pattern was really user friendly and easy to use. It took me 5.5 hours to make it! (Not that I am counting :o) )

Here's how it turned out:

4 comments:

  1. Trish,

    That's your pattern!! Did Jill tell you?

    -Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fabric choices are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth,

    Thanks! I thought it would be the perfect pick me up fabric :o) Bright and Cheery...with a little castle peeps in there!

    -Julia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, Happy Sewing!