Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Country Living Fair 2011; Columbus, Ohio

I am so excited! (I cannot believe a year has passed--to be honest--BUT I sure as heck don't mind!) I had so much fun the last couple years exploring, I cannot wait to see what treasures, goodies and fun things I find this year! It's time for the..........

Yayayayayayayayayayayayayay! (Can you tell I'm excited?!)

The CLFair, in Columbus, Ohio, is an annual kick-off-to-fall weekend for my Mom, Sister and me. I thought it would also be the perfect time to kick-off-my-return-to-blogging! I have had a busy few months, for lots of reasons, but I am back! and so excited!

I enjoy the CLFair for many reasons: the shopping, the food, the antiques, the creative ideas, meeting new people and, always, the company! When I walk around the fair, I feel as though I revert to a child-like state...I Oooo and ahhh at every booth and get so excited to see what's next! It feels a little like Christmas Morning :)

Have you ever been to the fair? What is your favorite part? Have you found any fabulous treasures? I would love to hear about it!


Happy Treasure Hunting!



----------

Country living put together a list of the Top 10 Reasons to Go to the Country Living Fair! I hope you enjoy them :)

#1: You’ll find first-rate food at the fair like pulled pork sandwiches, fresh-baked sweets and refreshing lemonade.
#2:Shopping. Discovering the most talented craftspeople and artisans in the country is our day job, and this is one more way we can share their wares with you.
#3:Because we know a cowboy who can cook as well as he can sing. Cooper Boone will be on stage dishing up signature recipes and making us swoon with his guitar.
#4:The t-shirts! Last year our Country Living chicken and egg t-shirts sold out so quickly that some of our staffers joked about selling them on the black market. This year’s design is equally as cute!
#5:Our Editor-in-Chief Sarah Gray Miller will be more than happy to autograph your favorite CL book or magazine.
#6:Dying for some good gardening advice? Renowned garden designer Jon Carloftis of Jon Carloftis Fine Gardens will be on-hand offering tips on how to cultivate a stylish garden.
#7:The Beekman Boys! Brent Ridge and Josh Kilmer-Purcell of Planet Green’s hit series “The Fabulous Beekman Boys” will be signing copies of their new book and serving up an eight-minute galette recipe.
#8:We’ve even got an early bird special. For a few extra dollars, you can get early morning access to the amazing vendors before the crowds invade.
#9:Eight dollar subscriptions. Nope, that’s not a typo. The magazine is at all-time low price during the fair, so be sure to sign up or renew at one of the subscription booths.
#10:Now with three locations—Columbus, Ohio (September), Atlanta (October) and Austin (April)—there’s bound to be a fair near you.

----------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, Happy Sewing!