Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Oh Tannenbaum! Oh Tannenbaum!

My Christmas Tree Skirt is coming together nicely. I decided to do something different from the sample {like I had mentioned}. I am really liking how it is turning out....
I started out like this...
Photo
Using wunder-under to trace and cut out each of the shapes
Photo
I think I am going to add a 2+ inch ruffle border of Merry Main Street fabric
Photo

So this is what I have so far:
Photo
It has our cute "Gingerbread-esque House" with Bailey sitting in the window {his favorite one!} a mailbox with a Blue-Jay on it {I plan to put "The Bryant's" on the mail box} and a wonky tree! The ornaments are hanging around the rest of the tree, and will soon have ric rac sewn on to them.

Bailey wanted to help...
Photo
Photo

It's coming along quite nicely :)
PhotoPhoto
Photo

What do you think?

What do you use for a tree skirt? {would love to see pictures!}

Happy Sewing!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the way it is turning out! I am actually listening to piano Christmas music right now, and wishing I had my tree out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is going to be so cute! Love the ricrac!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree skirt is looking very cute. What a fun class!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, Happy Sewing!