Sunday, November 27, 2011

Crafty Christmas Commences - Part 1

I have said for many years that I want to try to make something for everyone on my list. This has yet to be seen... I have made things for a few people but not for everyone. This year I am starting early and hoping for the best! Wish me luck :)

However, so far I have only made things for me. Granted these are things that I have wanted for a long time....but still....Ooops!

First up:
Saturday I went to the Scott Antique Market with my Mom, Sister and my sister's friend, Mattie. It's an annual tradition for us. Scott's only comes once a month during the winter months and the weekend after Thanksgiving is sooooooo huge! It fills 2 big buildings at our State Fair grounds!

At Scott's we always find a few good deals and usually lots of great ideas! This year I found this:
This was my inspiration...for sale for $120!!!
It cost $120. DANG! I loved it but there is no way I can justify spending $120 on that.... So I decided I would make it! So it was my inspiration :)

Here's how I did it:
Supplies:
-Base Wreath. I used the wreath that I've had for years...no idea when I purchased or how much it was, sorry!
-Hot glue gun and glue. Had this laying around the house. No cost.
-Ornaments
---At Scott's I found a dealer selling bags and boxes of the same colored glass Christmas ornaments for $1 a bag/box!! I bought 6.
----Several years back I purchased a box of vintage Christmas ornaments (mostly from west Germany!) from a local auction house. Lot was $12.50.

Before:
Before..... ;)

The making of:
The process

The process2

The process3

The process4

Photo

Photo

Photo

After:
........After :-D

I was thrilled with how it turned out! Could not be happier :)

Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

  1. I like yours way better than the original. So festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe I say this about everything you make: beautiful! But that wreath takes the cake, it is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, Happy Sewing!