Sunday, November 6, 2011

{Handmade} Showing my Support

I wear teal every day.

Be it, a shirt, bracelet, vest, jacket, hat, scarf whatever.

I wear teal everyday.

I wear teal in support of my Mother...
@OCAO Ovarian Cancer Walk for Hope 2011

She is an Ovarian Cancer Survivor!

She was first diagnosed back in 2006, and was clear for 4 years. She is currently under going treatment again. It is sad. It is hard. You don't know what to say. All you can do is fight. Be there for her. And show your support in every way possible. Which is what I try to do.

This time is different. She is stronger. And fighting harder. And my whole family is by her side!
Photo


I have had plans for awhile to make a scarf out of my Ovarian Cancer Walk Shirts. I finally took the time to do it. Friday night I spent the better part of the EARLY morning hours making and finishing my scarf. In the end it took about 2.5hours and was well worth it!
Ovarian Cancer Walk T-Shirts Scarf (2007-2011)

All the shirts are there from 2007-2011:
Ovarian Cancer Walk T-Shirts Scarf (2007-2011)
2007
Photo
2008
Photo
2009
Photo
2010
Photo
2011
Photo


I will be wearing this all season to support my mom and show my support for others!




If you are interested in supporting Ovarian Cancer awareness and those under going treatment for Ovarian Cancer. Please "like" Miracle Dancer on Facebook!

2 comments:

  1. awesome post.

    awesome scarf!

    great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scarf turned out great! All the best wishes to your Mom!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, Happy Sewing!