Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Moving on Up

Hellllllooooooo!

Long time no see!

So remember back here when I mentioned my love for Chicago? Well it turns out I had a little foresight... My husband, PB, received a job offer he couldn't pass up, so we will be moving to CHICAGO!

This is a very exciting adventure for us, but definitely bittersweet. Both of our families live very close to where we live now, so we are able to spend much of our spare time with them. Moving to Chicago will reduce that time... but on the other side it is only 6 hours to home. I have been teaching dance for 6 years, it is going to be hard to leave my students... some of them I have taught since they were 2.5 years old.

There are so many things that are going to make leaving hard, but I am trying to stay positive. I am excited to start a new career path and hopefully focus on my love for sewing a little more. I think it is going to be so awesome to live close enough that my family and friends can come and visit. Right now all of our (PB & I's) immediate family is all together, we don't really have too many places to visit just because... So this will give everyone a place to go just because, and it is close enough to be able to go just for a weekend. I will also be close to one of my roommates from college, Ashley, who is getting married this summer so it will be so great to be there for all of the events.

Our timeline is fairly quick. Our current lease is up at the end of February, so we have to move by then. PB started his job on Monday and is currently staying with one of his roommates from college. We don't have a place to live as of yet. PB is starting to look at apartments today, so we will see what he comes up with. I am hoping that I can go see it before we decide...but who knows...

So this is how I am going to be spending the next several weeks...

Packing up my life :(
I am all alone to pack up our whole house...sigh. Anyway want to have a packing party instead of sewing party? Ha!


Make it a great day!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Good luck to you on all that packing. I am not a fan of moving, but am always glad to get settled in a new place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a fan of packing either... And I am sad to do it alone. But on the flip side I get to pick what I keep!! And I'm a bit of a pack rat so it can be embarrassing.... Oh well!

      Delete
  2. Lots of boxes... hopefully you're making good progress. Might stop to see you on Friday.

    Later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What exciting changes! I am sure that moving to the city you love will make saying goodbye slightly easier, if not less sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, did you indeed move to chicago? I wandered here to your blog since you started following mine - I live in the chicago area too! Well you may consider joining up with the Chicago Modern Quilt Guild - we meet once a month and it's fun and easygoing. Nothing extreme, just a fun group of ladies! Stop by sometime! :) Here's their blog http://thechicagomodernquiltguild.blogspot.com/ and our group page online (where we share info about meetings and have online forums (https://www.bigtent.com/groups/cmqg) Hope to see you there sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You MUST come to the Chicago Modern Quilters Group...we meet next Sunday in Elmhurst:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, Happy Sewing!