Friday, February 10, 2012

Ouch!

I did it...

I was sewing late at night...

And I tried to cut my finger off with my rotary cutter...

Oh boy did it hurt! I immediately put it in my mouth to stop the bleeding, that didn't work at all! So I rinsed it under water, that didn't work! I showed PB, he got light headed. I wrapped it and walked around the house with my hands over my head, saying 'we can't go to the emergency room.' 'you just quit your job.' Can we afford the emergency room?' Then I would pause to look at my finger, 'Oh, we have to go to the emergency room...' So we went to the emergency room.

I got two stitches, a tetanus shot, and they wrapped my finger with a band-aid. I felt silly leaving the hospital with a bandaid on my finger. I am sure the other people in the emergency room thought I was a hypochondriac. But I assure you it was bad! I couldn't even touch it for weeks without it tingling with major major pain.

For those curious... (close your eyes if you have a queazy stomach!)

I tried to slice my finger off... OUCH!

I really lucked out (if I can even say that)... My finger is healing nicely and the nail did end up having to come off, but only the tip that I cut. THANK GOODNESS. It was still scary. And still hurt really bad. It still hurts a bit...but I am able to type with it again, so that's a good sign.

So here is my advice for you: Be super careful when you are sewing late! And be even more careful with you are using a rotary cutter!!

Be Careful Friends!

3 comments:

  1. Yeesh! I still can't look at that pic! Mine healed pretty quick. Now, same hand, a big nasty burn from last week. Cooking though, not sewing. Can't win. :>)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! I am so glad that ended well! On a bright note: your new blog design looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, Happy Sewing!