Monday, February 25, 2013

Quietly Busy

I have been very quiet for sometime now. I blogged here and there over the last year but nothing to be excited about. I was going through a lot of change. I don't deal with change well... As you can see, I get quiet. I bottle it all up inside and I am pretty sure I don't breathe. Eventually, I breathe. It just takes time.

Although, I have been quiet, I have been very busy. Last summer, I made a commitment to my etsy shop - which has been successful thus far. In November, my son was born - everything changed (Shocker, right?). I also made a commitment to myself, to make time to sew for myself, my family and my friends. All in all, my sewing machine has had a great work out this year, which makes me happy.

For me sewing is therapy. It is my me time. In fact, the morning that my husband and I realized I was in labor, while waiting for the doctor to call, I sewed. Yep, I sewed! My husband thought I was crazy, but I needed to do something to relax. I needed to calm down and think about something other than the fact that I was about to have a baby. So I sewed and it helped.

Now that Wylie is here, finding time to sew is tricky - as is showering, getting dressed, going to the store, sleeping... Things that we often take for granted. But I made a commitment - and although I struggle with keeping my commitments - it is important to my sanity that I keep this one.

So off to the sewing machine I go.

Happy Sewing! And Happy New Year, since I haven't been around :)

4 comments:

  1. It gets easier to find sewing time as they get a little older...then it gets harder again, and then back to easier...so hang in there! And, enjoy that baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are times and seasons for everything. :) We all do what works when it works and that looks different for each person. Sounds like things are going well for you though and that is good. I love that you sewed in labor! Congrats again on the new little one. I hope you will still share with us from time to time.
    Hugs! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your little boy! Enjoy every minute with him. There will be lots of time for everything else later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. Have you received the pouch and chocolate yet? I hope you have as I posted it over two weeks ago (it was meant to be fast post) Cheers. Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, Happy Sewing!